Monday, August 12, 2013

Milk and Cookies - 8/11/13



Making cookies with my girls brought back so many vivid memories of the times I did the exact same thing with my mom; although my mother was much more laid back when it came to eating raw cookie dough, and, thankfully I am here to say I survived.  I, however, am not and I am overly cautious, to wit, you will hear me telling ZoĆ« not to touch the dough (relax, my father would probably say, oh, he of eating lumps of raw hamburger, salted, no less!).  She did get a smidge in her mouth later on and is A-ok.  To each his own, I guess, but I would prefer not to take any chances.  I will say, however, to this day, it is one of my guilty pleasure, raw dough.  Yes, I know, I am such the gourmand.  Poppi, on the other hand is much more interested in the raisins, as is evidenced at the end of the video..."more raisins," she said.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we lick bowls and beaters and all sorts around here. I grew up doing it too. I don't let the kiddiewinkles anywhere near raw meat...that gets me in all sorts of a panic. I disinfect the entire kitchen when dealing with meat. I have lots of double standards each as bizarre as the last.

    Oh, I have had to move my blog, if you are interested can you send me in email, the4copes@gmail and I will send you a link.

    ReplyDelete