Sunday, January 22, 2012

Leaving Guangzhou*



Leaving their homeland, oblivious to the trappings of love that await them.
(Guangzhou, China to Hong Kong - 1/18/12)

We packed up our new lives in three suitcases and two baby carriers and made our way through a labyrinth of emotions, from exhausted exuberance to anxious anticipation, and arrived at the Guangzhou airport. My heart was sad to be taking these two little Chinese babies from their world of familiar to a universe of unlimited possibilities. They know not of my hopes for them, which for now will rest gently in my heart, where they will grow along with my love, immeasurable and constant.

*Posted 1/22/12- but dated 1/18/12 for documentary purposes

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! We just received travel approval, so we'll be where you are very soon. Thank you for letting us follow along on your adventure. I hope your little ones transition well to their new life in America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having received the link on my phone, I couldn't wait to get home and see the love and sharing that I knew would be here. Poppi and Zoe will be as in love with you as you with them -- if it hasn't already happened. I pray God holds your hands on this incredible life journey for you have each others' hearts. ♪♪♪ I will watch for future updates and read with a wonderful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just so happy you are home. You are going to have such a blessed life with them.

    ReplyDelete